Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CITR. Chapters 11-12.

Robby Treadwell
4/23/13
Period 4
11-12

Summary: Holden talks to us about the summers he used to spend with Jane in Maine due to being neighbors. He said they used to hold hands constantly. Holden goes to Ernie's night club. Holden grabs a couple drinks there and sees D.B's old girlfriend Lillian Simmons.

Quotation: "Every time I got to the part about her out with Stradlater in that damn Ed Banky's car, it almost drove me crazy."

Quotation Significance: In this quote we can really tell that Holden still cares about Jane, and that he is jealous of Stradlater being with her. This quote is sad to read because Holden really cares about her. 

Reflection: Chapter elven was actually pretty sad and depressing to read. Who would have know that Holden and Jane used to be such good of friends. I was surprised when I read that Holden would hold Jane in his arms when she would cry, and that they would hold hands. I would never have thought of this when I was first reading about Holden and Jane's relationship. I feel that Holden is going to the night clubs because a couple drinks will relieve his stress, and hanging out with other girls will take his mind off of Jane. 

Discussion Question: How is Holden going to react seeing Jane and Stradlater together?

No comments:

Post a Comment