Wednesday, April 17, 2013

CITR. Chapter 5-6

Robby Treadwell
4/17/13
Period 4
5-6

Summary: The boys go into town to catch a movie, and when they come back we find out about Holden's two year younger brother that died of leukemia. Once Stradlater gets back from his date, he gets in a fight with Holden giving him a bloody face.

Quotation: "I had blood all over my mouth and chin and even on my pajamas and bath robe. It partly scared me and  it partly fascinated me." (45)

Quotation Significance: Its interesting to read about how Holden was scared but yet fascinated. I don't think Holden knew that Stadlater had it in him and thats why I think Holden was fascinated. 

Reflection: I can feel the plot starting to build after reading these chapters. I think the fight between Holden and Stradlater is going to be the beginning of something big. It is sad to hear that Holden's brother had died of leukemia. It seems like nothing is going good for Holden's family. I found it interesting to read about Holden's composition and hear the kid's who read it reaction's. It must have been pretty bad considering the kid's reactions, and one said thats probably why he's getting expelled. 

Discussion Question: How is the relationship between Stradlater and Holden going to be after this fight?

1 comment:

  1. 60/60
    Good job! Up to this point, I don't really see much that indicates insanity. Holden seems to have strong opinions about things, but, overall, he's a pretty decent person.

    ReplyDelete