Tuesday, April 16, 2013

CITR. Chapter 3-4.

Robby Treadwell
4/16/13
Period 4
3-4

Summary: Holden lives in Ossenburger hall next, to utterly disgusting Ackley who has no manners. Stradlater, Holden's popular roommate or known as the "secret slob" is taking a girl out named Jean Gallagher. 

Quotation: I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful." (16)

Quotation Significance: I couldn't find too many really important quotes in these chapters so I decided to choose this one because it made me laugh. Not going to lie myself but I'm pretty good at it too. 

Reflection: These two chapters weren't very interesting for me to read. So far I can't tell what the plot of this story is going to be about, but I feel that these short chapters are going to lead to something big. Even though Holden thinks Ackley is disgusting I think he's pretty funny. Anyone who can just walk in to a room and start picking their nose or flicking finger nails all over the place has got some class. He definitely sounds like my brother. When I hear that Holden wants to see Stradlater and Jean I feel that he is very suspicious for maybe a reason of jealousy. 

Discussion Question: Is Holden jealous about Stradlater and Jean? 

No comments:

Post a Comment