Monday, January 14, 2013

Chapter 7. LOTF

Robby Treadwell
1/14/13
DePalatis
Period 4
Chapter 7

Summary: The boys see boar poop on the ground and decide to chase it failing to capture it. They reenact the scene using a boy named Robert playing the boar and almost killed him. The boys continue on to the mountain and climb up to the top finding a scary ape looking creature.

Quotation: "Before them, something like a great ape was sitting asleep with its head between its knees." (123)

Quotation Significance: In this quote the boys are talking about the "beast" they see at the top of the mountain. I think this so called "beast" isn't actually an animal or human I think it is just the way a rock is looking or they are just seeing things.

Reflection: I read this book in seventh grade and since it was so long ago I can't remember what they are actually looking at or what the "beast" is. This really makes me curious because William Golding does a very good job at the end of this chapter leaving it so that you really want to keep reading. If I didn't have other homework tonight I would definitely keep reading. I was kind of surprised too while reading this chapter because they almost seriously injured or even killed Robert. Poor kid probably hasn't done anything wrong and they boys are shoving spears at him. This chapter was good for Ralph because it boosts his confidence and courage more after hitting the boar with his spear. 

Discussion Question: What is it that they see at the top of the mountain? Is it real or are they just seeing things?

No comments:

Post a Comment