Monday, March 4, 2013

F451. Pg 81-112

Robby Treadwell
3/4/13
Period 4
81-112

Summary: Montag meets with an english professor named Faber. They have a huge discussion about how they should get everyone aware about the books. They decide to communicate with each other through a small item that Faber gives Montag to put in his ear. This conversations tends to go on for a while

Quotation: "Nobody listens anymore. I can't talk to the walls because they're yelling at me. I can't talk to my wife; she listens to the walls. I just want someone to hear what I have to say. And maybe if I talk long enough, it'll make sense. And I want you to teach me to understand what I read." (82)

Quotation Significance: In this quote we can see the frustration Montag is facing. This may be a reason that Montag is reading those books and wants to understand what he is reading. This also may lead to the reason that he had the outburst with Mildred and her friends. 

Reflection: I liked to read this conversation between Montag and Faber. It seems to be like Faber and Montag are going to work together as a duo from now. It is to bad to read that Montag has blown his cover with the books. His small act of rage when he made a scene at home with Mildred and her phones really did mess him up. It will be interesting to read throughout the rest of the book about how Montag struggles with this problem and I bet he regrets exposing himself. I thought the small green thing to communicate with each other was pretty clever of Faber, we can conclude he is a pretty smarty guy.

Discussion Question: Why did Montag pull out the book he was carrying around and show it to Mildred's friends?

2 comments: