Tuesday, March 5, 2013

F451. Pages 113-136

Robby Treadwell
3/5/13
113-136
Period 4

Summary: Mildred runs from the house, and Montag's house is set ablaze. An earthquake comes and collapses on Beatty killing him and severely injuring Montag's leg. There is now a warrant out for Montag and he is running away to Fabers.

Quotation: "A shotgun blast went off in his leg every time he put it down," (121)

Quotation Significance: I don't know what is like to be shot by a shotgun but, I have shot one and they are powerful! Poor Montag, we are truly introduced to the pain he is experiencing in this quote. 

Reflection: I was very interested in this reading. I found myself staring at the pages for a good half hour before even looking up because I just wanted to keep reading and see what happens. It is sad to hear about what is happening to Montag and the pain he is going through. He obviously cares a lot about those books because before he starts to even run away he goes and grabs the books he stashed in the planters. I thought the beetle coming after Montag scene was pretty suspenseful too and was fun to read about. I am interested to see if Faber is going to take Montag in or not because he doesn't want to get caught with him. 

Discussion Question: Is Montag going to make it to Faber's or are the cops going to get him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment