Monday, February 25, 2013

F451. Pg. 3-31

Robby Treadwell
2/25/13
Pg. 3-31
Period 4

Summary: At the beginning we are introduced to a man named Montag a fireman that is in charge of burning books. We are introduced to Montag's neighbor Clarisse.  Montag works with a machine that seems to be a dog but doesn't get along with it. The school talked about in the book uses technology to teach the kids as well.

Quotation: "There are too many of us, he thought. There are billions of us and that's to many. Nobody knows anyone. Strangers come and violate you. Strangers come and cut your heart out. Strangers come and take your blook. Good God, who were those men? I never saw them before in my life!" (16)

Quotation Significance: In this quote we learn that there compassion for other people is kind of not there, like they don't really care. We talked about this quote in class, but I cant remember all the significance to it. I remember us talking about how the men don't show emotion.

Reflection: This book is fairly interesting so far. From what I have read so far Montag seems to have a pretty cool job. As Clarisses says firemen are supposed to put out the fires not start them. If I got to light books on fire every day I would have the time of my life. Right off the back we are introduced to why the tile of the book is what it is. Montag wears 451 on his helmet because that is the temperature at which paper burns. I thought that was pretty cool to read. Clarisse and Montag seem to be hitting it off together. I think these books that are being burned are going to symbolize something later on in the storyl

Discussion Question: Why does Montag light these books on fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment