Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Act 5 Scene 2

Robby Treadwell
8/21/12
5.2
Period 4

Summary: In the beginning Othello talks to Desdemona about how he has to kill her and he ends up killing her. Then, he finds out from Emilia that she didn't really cheat on him and Iago kills Emilia, and then Iago is taken a prisoner. Cassio is forgiven by Othello who also dies, and Cassio becomes govern of Cyprus.

Quotation: And yet I fear you, for you’re fatal then when your eyes roll so. Why I should fear I know not, since guiltiness I know not. But yet I feel I fear.

Quotation Significance: In this quote Desdemona clearly states that she has no idea why Othello is treating her like this and she doesn't know what she has done wrong. It's sad to hear this cause Desdemona is killed for something she didn't even do.

Reflection: I thought that this whole scene was a big tragedy. It was nowhere near fair for Desdemona. She was murdered by her husband that all she did was treat him with respect and love him. I don't think that Othello created a crime because it was not his fault that he thought that. It was all Iago's fault for the murders. Emilia was as well another person that didn't do anything wrong but she was also murdered. It made me happy when Othello finally found out that Iago put the handkerchief in Cassio's house, and that they found the letters between Iago and Roderigo in his pocket. I think that torture was a good consequence for Iago because instead of just dying he is going to be tortured for the rest of his life and live in pain. 

Discussion Question: Will Othello regain his power over Cassio and will Iago be released from prison? Why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment